Sticky Notes and How they can Save your Life


Sticky Notes and How they can Save your Life
  
This man is a genius. After inventing sticky notes, Arthur Fry changed the world of business, productivity, reading, and economics as we know it using simply a small, sticky stack of paper. Using sticky notes to record habits, dreams, shower-thoughts, and insights on how to become a millionaire, sticky note consumers avidly engage in and know the valuable uses of these differently colored pieces of paper.
So let’s get into the benefits and goal tracking powers that these miracle papers pull off every day. Firstly, sticky notes, allowing you to use your imagination, fuel creativity and spontaneity, letting you write to your heart’s content. However, they work amazingly for to-do lists, flagging notes in a book, keeping water off of your furniture as a coaster, capturing those burning thoughts in the back of your head at 2 am, and even journaling. I will eventually write about the benefits of journaling; however, for now, we will keep it simple.
I have recently acquired what I, as well as many CEO’s, millionaires, and successful businessmen and women, seem to think is highly beneficial: I set a pad of sticky notes in every room of my house, allowing me to never have to go running to another room and potentially forget the insight that could change the universe. In addition, this allows me to eliminate procrastinating by going to get a pad of sticky notes, save time by making short and insightful notes, lists, or tasks, keep track of my short and long-term goals, and conveniently place them where I can have easy access. Not only do they have numerous managerial benefits, but they also have a fun, psychological sense of reward when you crumple one and throw it in the trash, knowing that you have completed your goals for that note.
For these reasons, I encourage you to use sticky notes, scribbling chicken scratch on them until you have carpel tunnel (maybe not that far, but, you get my point). Lastly, I wish you luck in changing the world, or at least your grocery list, one sticky note at a time.

References
Arthur Fry inspecting his product, the Post-it Note. (n.d.). MNopedia. Retrieved from https://www.mnopedia.org/multimedia/arthur-fry-inspecting-his-product-post-it-note
Hogan, K. (2015, May 26). The surprising persuasiveness of a sticky note. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2015/05/the-surprising-persuasiveness-of-a-sticky-note

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mere Philosophy #2

To Wear a Mask or Not to Wear a Mask

Book Update