Reading: from Dusk 'till Dawn


Reading From Dusk ‘till Dawn

            Reading is a trait taken for granted by most of America. Although reading can be extremely boring initially, your ability to read is much like a muscle. After time, effort, and, most importantly, patience, reading can gradually become a choice that you would like to make rather than a chore that professors would like you to complete. Therefore, I write to show my experiences with reading, improve yours, and show you that reading is an amazing trait of highly productive citizens.


Image result for book pics"


            A study conducted by Christina Clark (2018) concludes that students and young adults who participated in a Readathon to raise money for libraries in UK hospitals enjoy reading more, have higher perceptions of their reading ability, have more positive attitudes towards reading, and report higher life satisfaction (pp.1-13).
            In my experiences with reading, I have grown immensely in my ability to interpret new information, grow my vocabulary, and increase my attention span and ability to focus. Thus, reading right after I wake up and right before I go to bed, has improved my life immensely. By doing this, I have been able to stay off my phone, reducing blue light radiation, and I have been able to essentially stimulate my brain before I go to school in the mornings.
            So as you go on with the holiday season, implement a little bit of reading into your schedule. Not only will it improve your outlook on reading, but it will also enhance the amount of satisfaction you have with your life as well as learning new material.
Thanks for the support! I hope you enjoyed the article.


References
Clark, C. (2018). Readathon: how children and young people are engaged and the benefits to reading--findings from our annual literacy survey. National literacy trust research report. 1-15. Retrieved from https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED587437.pdf



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mere Philosophy #2

To Wear a Mask or Not to Wear a Mask

Book Update